TikTok is a very popular app where people share videos. But if you can’t get into your account, you can’t share or watch videos. What can you do if you can’t get into your TikTok account?
If you can’t get into your TikTok account, you can ask for help from TikTok. To do this, open the TikTok app, look for the “?” sign in the top right corner, then click the paper icon. Then, fill in the form with your information and send it to TikTok.
If you can’t get into your TikTok account because someone else tried to log in, there are ways to protect your account. Here are some tips to help you get back into your account and keep it safe.
Why did my TikTok account get locked?
If you can’t log into your TikTok account, it might be because you or someone else entered the wrong password too many times. To fix this, you need to tell TikTok using their “Report a Problem” page and change your password.
You might not be able to log into your TikTok account because you broke one of TikTok’s rules, such as promoting violence, showing nudity, or using fake programs to get more views and likes. This could lead to your account being blocked.
If you think you were blocked by accident, you should ask TikTok to give you access to your account again. This is called an appeal. You will have to talk to TikTok, and they will decide if they will give you access to your account again, or if they will not let you use your account anymore.
How To Unlock a TikTok Account?
If you can’t log into your TikTok account and you don’t know why the first thing you should do is to talk to TikTok. TikTok has a feature in the app called the “Report a Problem” page that you can use to contact them.
To contact TikTok if you can’t log in to your account:
- Open the TikTok app on your phone
- Tap the icon in the top right corner of the screen
- Tap the icon that looks like a sheet of paper, then tap it again on the next screen
- You will be on the “Report a Problem” page. Type a message that explains your problem in the “Tell Us Your Feedback” box
- Tap the red “Report” button to send your message.
TikTok support usually responds to reports within 1-3 days. If you haven’t received an update after this time, you can try sending a message to TikTokSupport on Twitter.
To contact TikTokSupport on Twitter:
- Go to the TikTokSupport Twitter page
- Click on the mail icon (you may need to create a Twitter account if you don’t have one)
- Type a message describing your problem and send it to TikTokSupport
- Wait for them to respond, it usually takes 1-3 days.
Please be patient and they will hopefully get back to you.
How to Reset Your Password
After TikTok support gives you access to your account again, you may want to log in right away and pretend as if nothing happened. But, if someone else tried to log into your TikTok account and caused your account to be locked, it’s important to change your password.
If you forgot your TikTok account password and you are locked out, you can change your password without needing your old password. This is a good option for you.
To change your TikTok password if you forgot it:
- Open the TikTok app on your phone
- If you’re not already on the login screen, log out of your account
- Tap the “Log In” button at the bottom
- Select “Use Phone/Email/Username” and then “Email/Username”
- Tap “Forgot Password?”
- Choose if you want to reset your password with your phone number or email address
- Follow the instructions you receive via text or email to reset your password.
This is a safe way to reset your password because someone else can’t change your password without having access to your phone number or email address.
If you’re having trouble logging into TikTok or if the app is not working correctly (for example, you can’t log in on your phone but you can on your computer), you may need to do some troubleshooting. Here are some simple steps to try and fix the problem.
Reset Your Device
If your phone is having problems, one solution is to restart the device. This will restart all the processes on your phone and the problematic app, which might fix the issue. To restart the device:
- Turn off the phone completely, not just put it to sleep.
- Turn the phone back on and check if TikTok is working again.
Update the App
Another reason you may not be able to log in to TikTok is that you’re using an old version of the app. Sometimes, app creators will stop allowing old versions to connect to their servers to encourage users to update the app. To fix this problem, update the TikTok app:
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store
- Check if there are any updates for the TikTok app.
If there is an update, download and install it. This should fix the problem.